Having true scholars organize and conduct such tours is a great concept which really added a special depth and created a uniquely special learning experience to these tours. Also, being private tours, our sights and discussions were not limited to just the actual tour objectives but we could digress into other subjects and sights that were of interests to us. I highly recommend Insight Cities tours and I believe they offer these unique tours in many cities besides Prague and Budapest.
Custom Budapest, Szentendre, Vac, Danube Bend
Customize Your Ideal Vacation to Budapest & Hungary
Wide Selection of Exclusive Experiences
Tours, Transport, Dining & More
Customize your trip to Budapest and Hungary.
We love to create personalized experiences for travelers with special interests and needs. If you don’t see the options you want in our ready-to-book tours, here are a few ideas of how we can arrange your transportation, dining, entertainment, and more in Budapest.
Let us create and customize the perfect trip for you and your group.
We can arrange guided transfers from Budapest to every destination in Central Europe and to Budapest from neighboring countries. Choosing to drive with an expert guide enables you to enjoy the countryside and smaller towns between capitals on your travel days, such as:
Český Krumlov and other UNESCO Renaissance towns in Bohemia
Mikulov and chateaux and wine country in Moravia
Bratislava Old Town and Castle
Hungarian and Austrian wineries in the border regions for a tasting transfer from/to Vienna
Options & Inspiration
We can arrange a variety of special and exclusive experiences:
- A private small-boat and wine tasting experience on the Danube or a skippered boat ride
- A photographer to record your special occasion against the beautiful backdrops of Budapest
- Private touring with a famous museum curator through Budapest’s fine art museums
- A personal shopping assistant to help you navigate Budapest’s impressive contemporary design scene
- A guided tour of the fascinating communist-era sculpture garden, Memento Park
- Private touring for kids and multi-generational groups with guides who specialize in helping children explore Budapest while also keeping tours informative and captivating for adults
- Culinary tours of Budapest’s fantastic traditional cuisine
- A private visit to the home of a famous Budapest art collector and restorer
- A guided day trip of the wine country near Budapest, including the cellars of one of the biggest sparkling wine manufacturers, where we learn techniques and taste different sparkling wines. After this, we drive to the Etyek to have lunch at a great winery and then have a tasting and cellar visit there.
- A guided day trip to Lake Balaton and wine tasting, including an old abbey, charming town (Tihany) on a peninsula of the lake, and the Csopak region for lunch with wine tasting and cellar visit
- A guided day trip to the picturesque Danube Bend, visiting the small towns of Szentendre (city of artists) with its many museums. A local family can provide authentic Hungarian food and their own quality wine from their small winery. We can return to Budapest via the beautiful Baroque town of Vác, which has one of the best confectioneries in Hungary.
- A private luxury boat for special trips or events on the Danube for groups up to 12, with an option to engage gourmet catering with an on-board chef and waiter
Notice & Planning Assistance
Many special arrangements require advance notice but we will strive to organize them on short notice too. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with some of your ideas for your ideal trip. Tell us about yourselves: How many in your group? Ages and interests? How much time do you have? Then we’ll make a detailed proposal of activities with pricing. We can also call you back to discuss your plans over the phone.
See Our FAQs for More Information
See What Our Guests are Saying
The best way to see and get immersed in the culture and history of this city is with a local historical guide that lives here.
After engaging Insight Cities for unforgettable tours in Vienna and Prague, we ended our trip with 2 more from the company. After 5 tours, we can easily recommend this company. The guides are superb. Hope to see them in more cities in the future.